What is new
In this release main focus area is ability to edit many aspects of an existing design in the Designer Window. When you notice small design issues while working on it in KuikaBoost, you don't have to go back to Sketch design to make corrections.
- Text Styling Editing: When a text item is selected its detailed properties are displayed in the right panel and these properties can be edited. The changes are applied to design when user clicks outside the text styling controls.
- Border Editing: If a selected item has border its color and thickness can be viewed and changed in the right panel. In this release user can not add a border to an element, only edit existing borders
- Shadow Editing: If a selected item has shadows, their properties can be viewed and changed in the right panel. The properties are color, X and Y offsets, shadow blur and spread amounts. In this release user can not add a new shadow to an element, only edit existing shadows
- Fill Editing: If a selected item has a solid color fill, its color and opacity can be viewed and changed in the right panel. In this release user can not add a new fill to an element, only edit existing fills. Editing is limited to solid color fills only. Gradient and image fills are rendered correctly but can not be edited in this release.
- Alignment: Alignment toolbar can be used to change alignment of selected items for an improved design.
- HTML Generation for Masked Items: In this release, how KuikaBoost generates HTML/SVG for masked items have been improved. New version avoids using SVG and "clip-path" properties for masking if nested HTML tags and HTML clipping of inner content can be used resulting in simpler and cleaner HTML.
- Undo: There were several design edit actions that could not be undone under all circumstances, e.g. deleting certain items in stack layouts, editing text item with different styling on different parts.
- Multi-line and Multi-paragraph text rendering: There was a line beginning alignment bug in rendering text with multiple paragraphs that is corrected.
- Text Box size calculation: After editing text, the text would be displayed correctly but under some circumstances size of the text box was not calculated correctly. Text box size calculation is made more accurate.